- It’s free
- LFEL aims to progress participants into mainstream education, training and employment One to one support and guidance is provided by the KCETB Adult Education Guidance and Information Service (AEGIS).
- Intensive family and personal support is provided through an allocated Key Worker to address family, health, social and other issues that act as barriers to participation and progression.
- Participants have the opportunity of attending one hour ESOL training per week to help with English language skills.
B – Preparation for Work Programme
C – Community Education/Evening Courses
St. Catherine’s provides short term community based adult education courses designed to provide participants with a good experience of their first step back into education. These courses are low cost and accessible with reduced fees for people in receipt of social welfare (proof of recent DSP payment is required at time of enrolment).
Digital Skills for Citizens Scheme
Have you always wanted to learn how to use the Internet and how to email? Well now is your chance!
St Catherine’s Community Services Centre are delighted to offer you the chance to learn the basics of the Internet and Email. Each course consists of 5 weekly sessions and is aimed at people with little or no computer experience. We also run improvers courses, aimed those who are familiar with the basics but who want to become more confident in their knowledge. Courses run in the afternoons or the evenings and new courses start every week. For more information click here
Did You Know?
- In 2014, 15 Learning for Everyday Life participants achieved a QQI Level 3 Major Award in General Learning. 11 of the group progressed to further education and 3 to part-time employment
- 18 Preparation for Work participants completed the course and 17 achieved QQI accreditation. 18 participants successfully completed work placements. 12 participants progressed onto further education and 3 into part-time work
- Over 115 participants partook in part-time courses. These courses included: Computers for Beginners and Improvers, Yoga, Childcare, Make Up & Nail Art, Benefit 4 and Sugarcraft
- 190 participants took part in Benefit 4 Internet and Email Courses