A – Meals on Wheels
Did you know?
- We cook and deliver over 20,000 meals every year
- Over 40 volunteer cooks and drivers are essential to help our staff to run the service and we are supported in recruiting volunteers by Carlow Volunteer Service
- Our oldest volunteer is over 80.
B – Socially Monitored Alarms / Senior Alerts System
C – Carlow Older Persons Network
St. Catherine’s is a member of the Carlow Older Persons Network (COPN). The Network aims to engage with and support older people to fully participate in community life. It brings individual older people and groups and local agencies together to work to identify and respond to needs and to share information and resources.
Network activities and events include:
- Information mornings, for example with local Gardai to highlight the importance of security and safety in the home.
- The annual Summer and Autumn Tea Dances and Fancy Dress competition.
- Bealtaine week in May hosts events for older people including arts and crafts demonstrations, workshops and exhibitions.
Did you Know?
- COPN and St. Catherine’s participate in the Carlow Age Friendly County Committee to improve the lives and well-being of older people in County Carlow, in consultation with older people in the County.
- Over 300 people attend the 2 Tea Dances annually